Big Ideas in Higher Education Conference
Rutgers University | May 17, 2012
8 Success Tips We Can Learn From Lady Gaga | Speaker Dayna Steele
The Rock Star Oath (a Gene Simmons quote):
Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself.
1. Do something you love and are truly passionate about. You’ll work harder, learn from your mistakes and dare to be different.
2. Feed the passions of your fans. They don’t care what your passion does for you, only what it does for them.
3. Learn your craft well and only deliver the highest quality product or service. Crap will catch up with you.
4. Pay attention to the news, trends, your industry, the world around you. You’ll be the first to recognize opportunities.
5. Form relationships with your fans, your band, your family and the people who buy your product or service. Success will come from true relationships you have with other people. Remember the keyword in social media is social – be informative, be funny, be helpful. Do not be rude, mean or snarky.
6. Do things for other people without ever expecting anything in return.
7. Say thank you and show the fans your appreciation. Write thank you notes And always, above all, be gracious.
8. Give back to the world. It is the least you can do.
Remember, a rock star is never done. At the end of the day, you rest and recharge because when you wake up, you have to do it all again. Every day. On the days you don’t feel like it, do what Lady Gaga told Rolling Stone she does. She looks in the mirror and tells herself, “You’re Lady Gaga, you get up and walk the walk today.”
That’s what a ROCK STAR does.
Join the legion of Steeleworkers following Dayna Steele on the Rock Star success path: